We have a brilliant, sweet boy who is more and more a little man every day. He has crazy long conversations and narrates most of his day. He is cuddly and has great manners. He loves hugging us and sitting intently for stories. He is working so hard at getting potty trained and is so proud of himself.
Take tonight, for example. He was playing so nicely downstairs. He came running up and told us he had to pee. He sat on his potty, did his thing, and went back downstairs. He did this twice. How awesome is that??
But (and it's a big but), he is two. His demon side comes out frequently.
Not even two minutes after we congratulated him for his potty progress, he was in time out. He was throwing around a blanket and hit me in the eye. I told the kid that's not ok, so he proceeded to laugh and whip me right in the eye with his blanket. Time Out.
I can't stay mad for long. He came out of his room so pathetically sad. He told me he was sorry and asked me to hold him. While we were cuddling, he told me he had to tell his little brother something. I asked him what, and he said "Sorry, little brother." I'm not sure if he's a role model or the model of what not to do.
We are currently in a cute, happy part of our day, so I will end on this note.

2 comments:
That is a great post. Little cutie. It is hard to stay mad at them for long. And the tantrums DO get less.
How cute that he talks to Huck!!!!
love Grammy
Post a Comment