Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's a.....

BOY.

So much for motherly instincts!

Let me begin by saying our little one is perfection. Everything is measuring great, and he was super active (just like his big brother). We got to see him waving his hands, grabbing his toes, and sucking his thumb. It was pretty cute.
I got there a few minutes before AJ and Ethan, and the tech took some of the more 'boring' parts pictures. There was a point where she took a pic of the legs, and I SWEAR, I saw girl parts. I'd done my research online, and I was elated...

Ethan did ok in there. He was a little wild at first, but thanks to a miracle called the iPod touch, it was smooth sailing. The tech continued her picture taking (after letting me pee!), and AJ started getting perplexed. A few minutes in, he said, "I don't know much, but I swear I'm seeing it's a boy." The tech couldn't hold it in anymore and confirmed it.

I feel bad saying that my first reaction was sheer, total disappointment. I tried preparing myself for either gender, and I thought I would be ok. It just hit me. This is to be my last pregnancy, and the second I heard 'boy', I immediately thought of all of the girly things I'll never get to do with a daughter. I cried and cried and cried.

I know it's silly and the second I see our son, I will be forget this ever happened. We are truly so lucky to have a healthy child in Ethan, and a very healthy little boy that will greet us in June. Once the initial shock wore off (I seriously was so sure it was a girl!), I was fine. It just took a little time for me to wrap my head around the fact that I will have not just one wild boy running around the house...

But, I just had to think of all of the positives. Ethan and the little guy will be at perfect ages to grow up being close buddies. We already have a boy name we LOVE. We already have tons of boy clothes and toys, not to mention a move-in-ready nursery. Things could be a lot worse for the Kovall's!
In my "My Eggo is Preggo" Braille shirt :-)
I'm halfway to meeting Baby #2. The doctor said I can pick a date starting June 16. Granted, that all could change if this little boy continues to take after his big brother who kicked his way out of the womb three weeks early...

3 comments:

PletcherFamily said...

We are so happy to have an other little nephew to love on! We can't wait to meet him and find out his name. We are so happy and grateful that he is perfect and healthy. And he and Ethan are going to be best buddies. They will always have each other. And hand me downs ARE truly a wonderful thing. I know you dreamed of that little girl, but you have two nieces that think the world of you and you can have them any time you want!!

Anonymous said...

As his future grandparents we are overjoyed and overflowing with love for him already. Each and everyone one of them is so wanted and so loved- and those wonderful words- healthy- who could ask for more. And Tricia- you get to be the queen mother- doted on by all those men!!!!

Grammy and Papa

Jankowski Family Fun said...

I think Grammy said I was going to: you're the Queen Bee--the men in your life will live to serve you :-)

Congrats on a healthy, active little fetus! Can't wait to hear the name. Does this mean you'll be sharing the girl names and help a good friend out?!