Sunday, July 18, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend

Attention, Summer - please slow down!
Another great (and greatly busy) weekend is over. Ethan and I made the long trip (made extra long by the incessant construction on Rt 60 and the turnpike. Penndot can suck it.) to Connellsville for the 1st annual Finley's Fighters BBQ.
If you live outside of the Kovall bubble and would like info on this (and to donate!!), there is a link on the top right of our blog. It was HOT, but everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) had a great time. Thanks to everyone who came out to support our girl Finley - it was a big success!
The guest of honor got her face painted!
I was a bit worried about getting Ethan away from Papa to come home. His level of attachment is a bit ridiculous. In fact, I was afraid to tell Ethan where we were going in the morning. If I said "Papa's house," he would have happily gotten in the car and been excited, but then I would have had to hear him asking about Papa for the whole hour and 45 minute trip. No thank you.
Anyway, Gigi came to the rescue and grabbed Ethan to show him the kitties that roam Sycamore Street. Before Ethan knew it, he was in the car on the way home. He asked for Gigi for a few minutes - the only way I could appease him was to tell him that Gigi was taking a nap with the kitties. He is still saying "Gigi nap with kitties" today. Weirdo (with a good memory!).

We got home and my mom came to visit. Talk about a good day for Ethan - he got to see all of his grandparents (and Aunt Jennie and "Feenie" - he's also been talking about them!) in one day. They hung out and Ethan coerced Grandma into keeping him up until 9. Party animals! AJ and I went to see Inception - it was confusing, but good. And, we saw no students. That's always a plus.
Today, we got up at 7:45 (Ethan was tired!) and went to Living Treasures. This place is so great for kids. We've been there twice and it's never been crowded. Ethan had a great time feeding the animals and imitating their noises.
We got to see (and pet!) everything in a little over an hour. We probably could have stayed longer, but Ethan got a bit miffed when an overzealous llama licked his hand and snatched a carrot quicker than he was ready for. It scared him, and then he was ready to go.
Before Grandma left, she was able to sneak in a quick hair cut for Ethan while he ate lunch.
That's the only way we can get a decent cut in - he's gotta be totally distracted. AJ and I are hoping to be able to use the clippers on him soon, but that might scar him for life. We'll see.
Experimenting with hair product :-)

2 comments:

PletcherFamily said...

I am so glad you guys came! He is a hoot - it was great to see him. That was a funny story about the kitties!

The pictures are great! Email them to me in a zip drive!

Anonymous said...

Love the hair product result! He'd look cute with a spikey doo like the little kid in Big Daddy.

We had such a good time today, love to spend time with you guys.

p.s. are minnie and mickey dried out yet?

xo Grandma