Warning: There will be pictures. Many, many pictures.

On Monday night, my mom watched Ethan while AJ and I went to Heinz Hall to see Anthony Bourdain speak. He was hilarious and awesome and made us really think about the food we are eating. Not that we've changed our ways, but at least there is some recognition now.
We went to bed for a few hours and left for Brigantine, NJ at 3:30 am. Ethan stayed up for a bit in the car, very quietly observing the calm turnpike. We met AJ's parents for breakfast at about 6 am and then continued the rest of the trip.
Ethan did GREAT in the car. He was perfectly content in the other car with all of his grandparents (AJ and I were also enjoying a quiet trip in our separate car!).

We headed straight to the beach - our condo (generously offered by my cousin, Tami) was right on the beach after a short walk through the dunes.
I didn't know what Ethan would think of the water or the sand, but he had a blast. He played for hours in the sand over the course of our stay. He was deliriously happy - jumping all over, rolling in the sand, building castles with Papa.
He did give it a try - there was a sand bar that created a shallow pool and he played in there for quite a while.
We also spent some time at the local playground on the island. This place was great! Between that and the beach, he wore himself out every day. At least it made for a happy child who slept very well :-)
We ate some really good food, fed some scary birds, and the ladies enjoyed a night out at the casino.
AJ and I also got a chance to have a little date night. While the grandparents took Ethan for pizza and ice cream, AJ and I headed over the bridge to Atlantic City. We walked down the boardwalk and saw some VERY sketchy people. I don't care if I ever go to that part again! We ended up eating at a sweet Irish pub in Caesar's. We ate and drank in peace - a very mellow, grown-up evening!
I think all of the adults were just as beat as Ethan was every day. We had a great time - nothing beats laying on the beach in nice weather. We all got a little sun. Most of us are tan; AJ's legs are BURNED, thanks to his mother's expired sunblock he used :-)
I think because it's not busy season yet (most of the schools were still in session in the area when we were there) and we were there during the week, the beach was not at all crowded. I love that!

It was a great beach experience with Ethan, and we are so glad that his grandparents were there to share it with him. And to occupy his energy while we relaxed!









1 comment:
Awesome pictures! I am so glad you had fun! I love your new top picture as well - really great photo!
Post a Comment