Tuesday, October 6, 2009

First big boo-boo...

Isn't this outfit cute?
I bought this cardigan last winter for $2!
It was bound to happen. His father had stitches on his eyebrow by this age and a cast for the first day of school multiple times. Ethan may look like me, but his adventurous and rough nature is all AJ! I knew it would only be a matter of time before our baby hurt himself more than usual.

Today, AJ got a call in the middle of the day from our wonderful babysitter, Christine. Our boy was walking around outside holding a rock (big shocker - the kid LOVES rocks), went to bang the rock on the ground (another shocker...), and didn't realize his fingers were underneath the rock. Yep. Dummy smashed his fingers. But, it gets even better. Our strong boy smashed his fingers so hard that he broke an entire fingernail off. It bled, he cried for 45 minutes. I'm relieved this happened with Christine and not me - I am sure she was much calmer than I would have been.

So, we have been instructed to keep it clean and covered. This was quite the ordeal - his poor finger is so swollen right now that he won't let us anywhere near it to clean it or put anything on it without a fight. We did manage to get him all cleaned and bandaged up after his bath. I am hoping he doesn't bump it in the middle of the night and wake up in pain.

Once the initial wound starts to heal, it won't be as bad. But, we can't expect a new nail to grow in for at least 4 months. Oh, boy...this is only the beginning, I'm sure.

So, it has been a hectic start this week. Monday, we got a call that someone wanted to tour our house between 7-8. We called our realtor back and told him that they had to be in and out by 7:15 because of Ethan's bed time. No problem. We did a quick cleaning since we had all of our fall clothes in the basement getting ready to switch closets. AJ went to chamber rehearsal and I was left with Bailey and Ethan, waiting for our guests. 6:45 came and I saw a realtor's car pull in. I put Bailey out back and took Ethan outside to play. I told the realtor everything was open and ready for them. So, we played and 15 minutes later, I noticed lights on at the house that's for sale two doors down. I figured, quite logically if you ask me, that they had already toured my house and moved on, so I took Ethan in for his bath. His bath was interrupted by crazy barking by Bailey because someone (guess who??) was at our door. I got Ethan out, sat him naked in his room, flew downstairs and told them they needed to come back. They went and toured yet another house in our plan and got to us at 7:30. They felt so badly - they were under the impression that they had until 8. I don't know who was lying - our realtor, or them. Poor Ethan! He was a big trouper. I had the potential buyer tour upstairs first, then I took Ethan up and got him ready. I hope it was worth it! I heard their comments on the way out and they were really impressed by everything. It was a guy by himself, older than AJ and I but not old. He told me he has a 3 year old daughter. He drove a very nice Mustang so I am hoping that he loved our place and has the financing to make it happen! Fingers crossed! I just want to ask a favor of everyone, though - please don't email us or ask us if anything is new with the house. It just stresses us (mainly ME) out and reminds me that nothing is going on. Just know that if there ever is news, I will spread the word :-)

Look at Bailey playing so nicely!
And, check out Ethan's cute outfit from Uncle Ryan

2 comments:

PletcherFamily said...

Poor Ethan! Poor little baby finger. He is his father's son. :)

The pictures are cute.

We will keep our fingers crossed for you with the house!

Grandma said...

Poor baby! Grandma has tears in her eyes looking at that bad boo boo. Hope he has a good night for you guys.
Love ya,
Mama