Thursday, May 1, 2008

Shower #1

Today the ladies at school threw me a shower. It was so sweet! We all met in the library after the kids got out and had cake and snacks. There were about 20 women there, including one who has been out on maternity leave since March. She brought her little boy, too - so cute! He is 8 weeks old and is currently the same weight as AJ was when he was born - yikes for me!

I got a lot of wonderful things - my diaper bag, bouncer, play center/mat, bottles, diapers, safety kit, a humidifier, lots of outfits and little toys. The ladies of the science department made a diaper cake for me - it was so cute! They had pinned a bunch of cute things on it - so crafty! I am so excited to get everything opened and put away - I just don't know where to start! 

It was such a nice afternoon - I really appreciate them doing this for me, especially since I have only been there a year. There may be a lot of things that irritate me about my new school, but the people I work with are really great and welcoming. 

AJ has his middle school concert tonight. I'm not going - bad wife! I'm so tired, and I'm sure I'll wind up messing around in the nursery trying to get situated with all of my new toys. Tomorrow will be a nice and relaxing day at school- my classes are all in the computer lab working on giant essay tests I assigned :-) Saturday will be a day of cleaning, relaxing, and seeing "Ironman" - AJ is so excited. I will be in bed early - Sunday will be another day of opening presents!!! 

Enjoy the pics from this afternoon.




No comments: