Monday, May 19, 2008

1 Month Left!

I am at 36 weeks! One month from today is my due date - hard to believe! Well, not really...My belly is insanely big. I don't know if it can get much bigger without popping, literally. I feel like I am suffocating below it! The baby has decided that lodging his foot or something against my rib is comfortable - I sure hope he's comfy in there because I am the exact opposite! I am having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions - they're just odd and uncomfortable. And, of course, sleeping is still an issue. The joys of pregnancy! AJ wants to video tape me in case I ever want to have another kid in the future - he's big on "One and Done!" At this point, it sounds like a good option!

I went on the hospital tour last week with my mom. It looks really nice! I'll get 2 days for a normal delivery and 3 if I end up having a section. The rooms are very comfy looking, and the staff seems really great. Some of the rooms have jacuzzi's for during labor - they're first come first serve, so we'll see if I get one. Hot baths have been helpful with my back pain now, so I'd imagine a jacuzzi would be great during labor. I'm starting to freak out about how I'll deal with it! I'm not scared about what to do when the baby actually gets here - it's just getting him out that is scary! I'm ready, though. I can't wait to see what he looks like and make sure he's ok.

I had my 36 week appointment today. I gained 2 pounds in the last two weeks - I'm doing good! I'm up 23 or 24 lbs, which is right where I should be. The bad thing is that all of those pounds are on my tummy - it's heavy! Anyway, the baby's heartbeat sounded good and I'm still measuring right on schedule. I'm not dilating yet, so he's going to be hanging out for a little while longer. But, that's normal and ok! The doctor wasn't quite sure how the baby is positioned - he couldn't be 100% sure that the baby's head was down. He's pretty sure, but they want to be positive so I get another ultrasound! There is absolutely nothing to worry about. One possibility is that the baby is just not down far enough for him to know if he's head down. Another is that he's breech. Either way, we'll be ok. I'm just happy to get another peek at him! We're going on Thursday after school, so I will probably post again on Friday with some pictures of the baby. They're also going to give me a weight estimate for him - I am anxious to see how big he is now! My next regular appointment will be on Tuesday afternoon. I have to take a 1/2 day of work b/c they have no late days that week. That's fine - I'm taking the afternoon instead of the morning since my afternoon kids are much more obnoxious than the morning kids :-) 

We are in the final stretch of school - we are down to 11.5 days with kids for me! AJ has less than that. We are both very ready to be done! We have a picnic at the school on Friday, so that will be an easy day, and then next week is a 4 day week b/c of the holiday. I like weeks like that! AJ has the Mancini awards on Wednesday night. They are a local "Tony" award for high school musicals. His production was nominated for a TON of stuff, including best male and female leads and supporting actors, best choreography, and best show! I'm sure they'll come home with numerous awards, and if not, it's ok. He's not big into trophies anyway. I know the kids would love to be recognized for how hard they worked and what a great job they did. I'll post results later in the week about that, too. If I'm in the mood, maybe there will be a belly shot on there, too :-)

No comments: