We went for a sonogram after school today and the doctor's suspicions were right - the baby is in the breech position. He's pretty much laying directly horizontal across my tummy with his back up towards my chest and his legs underneath him nearest my legs. Knowing that now, it makes a lot of the pressure I've been feeling make total sense. Bad baby already! But, the good news is that I will be able to schedule my labor - it does make me feel better knowing when the end is coming! And, the way they do the c-sections now, it really will be no problem at all. I'm actually quite relieved that I will not have to deal with pushing and labor :-) And, it will be what is safest for the baby, so we are both a-ok with everything. By the way - they did an estimated weight for him and have him tipping the scales at 6 lbs - right on schedule for 36 weeks! I go for another appointment with my doctor on Tuesday afternoon. I'll be seeing a doctor I haven't seen before (there are 5 or 6 docs in the practice so they like for people to see as many as possible so they will know whoever is on call when they go into labor), so I don't know how it will go. I'm hoping to discuss when they would like me to schedule the delivery. My hope is to do it sometime the first week of June. AJ's last day of school is Tuesday, the 4th. The best thing for us would be to schedule it for the 4th, and I would just take that whole last week off. It would at least give me 4 days (counting the weekend) of down-time to get ready for him coming home. I'll post again on Tuesday after I know more.
No pics today - the little man is very crowded in there so we really didn't get to see much that we could even identify! And, I am too uncomfortable to take a belly pic. Maybe this weekend I'll be in the mood and post one with Tuesday's post :-) We have a long weekend for the holiday - so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment