After over a month of hiding, we can finally announce that WE ARE PREGNANT!!! This has been a long time coming and we couldn't be happier. We found out in October and have been nervously giddy ever since!
How we found out:
I had some suspicions that I was pregnant so we bought a test on a Friday after school. AJ had a football game and I had my normal routine of watching all of the week's tv shows off of our dvr. The plan was to wait until Saturday morning. Well, you know me...I can't even wait until my birthday to open presents so waiting until the morning was out of the question! I took the test and it came up positive about 2 seconds later! I grabbed Bailey, told her she was going to be a big sister and realized I needed to tell AJ! I decided to take a picture of the test on my phone and I sent it to his phone - ain't technology grand?? - with the subject "Guess what??" He called back 1 minute later all excited (but practically drowned out by the sound of the band in the background!)
The Details:
We are due on June 19 - talk about perfect timing for two teachers :-) It is still quite early, but we are pretty confident. I have not been throwing up, but I have had the pleasure of feeling queasy all day, every day for the past few weeks. I am also so tired! I come home from school and just crash! But I will take every nasty symptom if it means the baby is healthy!
The first appointment:
On Wednesday, November 7, we went for our first appointment. We had the 8 week ultrasound at 10:30 at a nice place right in Wexford. The nurse couldn't have been sweeter - she was so excited because WE SAW THE HEARTBEAT! It was amazing! We weren't sure if we would get to see it, but it was fluttering away at 150 (perfect rate for its age!). It looked like a little pinto bean. AJ went with me and was very cute about it - he patted my belly and said "Hi, baby!" Until then, he had been pretty quiet. I think we were both afraid of jinxing it, but so far so good!
I had another appointment with my doctor. It was basically a question/answer session and went just fine. I go back on December 6 where we should get to hear the heartbeat on the doppler.
Telling...
We are planning on surprising the families on Thanksgiving. Details will follow - we cannot wait!

1 comment:
Congratulations!! That is so exciting!! Don't you just love hearing the heartbeat?!! It never gets old!! I pray that you have a happy and healthy nine months!!
Post a Comment