Coloring, after dyeing his hand...
We went to Benihana on Thursday night to celebrate AJ's birthday. It's always a great meal, but I always forget how long it takes to get there due to crazy traffic, and then I forget how long it takes to eat there. We had a babysitter for the boys, and they were both pretty excited to see her. She played all kinds of stuff with them that their mean parents probably wouldn't have :-)
AJ's card from the boys...very fitting!
Ethan did a great job writing their names
We celebrated AJ's birthday yesterday (36!!!), after a quick musical rehearsal (of course). He came home to our cake with a cake of his own, brownies, and donuts from rehearsal. Then, our babysitter came by to watch the boys until my mom got home from work, and guess what she brought? Yep. A cake. It's insane. He doesn't even eat cake, so...
Cake #1 - Why I am not a cake decorator
Happy Birthday, Daddy!
Last night, we went to see Book of Mormon in Pittsburgh, preceded by an amazing dinner with friends. It was a wonderful night! A bit shocking, but hilarious. This morning, however, I'm reminded of why we don't often go out and stay out late - the boys were up and at 'em before seven today, and we are POOPED!
Egg time!
His favorite masterpiece
Serious business
The boys are hanging in there. Ethan had a bad week at school - a total of three checkmarks - so we were not happy. He got a few toys taken away, which caused him to react like it was the worst thing in the world. He'll live.
It started so well...
Then, this happened...
My mom spent a few nights with us this week and helped us do our Easter eggs. Jack really got into it; well, Jack mainly wanted to put his hands in the dye cups...Ethan took his decorating very seriously and concentrated on painting each egg. I finally decorated for Easter yesterday - it's just so early! I still don't feel like it's time yet. The plus from this week being Easter? Since we currently have four desserts in our house, I don't have to make the key lime cake I usually make for our Easter dinner :-)








No comments:
Post a Comment