Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mickey Countdown

We have entered the home stretch of our vacation countdown. Jack, of course, is clueless, but the rest of us are excited. Namely, Ethan. The kid asks me everyday if we are leaving for Mickey's House, despite the fact that I painstakingly cut out 30 Mickey heads to make a countdown visual on our wall that Ethan counts every single day.
Earlier in our countdown. 
We are now down to five days! 

I love the excitement. I'm almost ready to share it, too. I, being a dumb English teacher, assigned a butt-load of work to my students that I, of course, have to grade. What was I thinking? I spent all weekend grading 50 papers and reading 50 pages of a novel. I have three days of school left this week before break/vacation, and I have to grade 90 tests. I also have a 30 page paper for my grad class that is due about a week after we get back. Have I started said paper??? No.

 Aren't these adorable? Look for them on this year's Christmas card!
 The most excited Mousketeer!
 We had to sneak the hat on Jack; 
AJ snapped the band off of his face earlier, 
so he's not too hat-happy...
It'll all get done. Whatever isn't done by Friday morning will have to wait. Mickey ears and It's a Small World are calling my name.

No comments: