Monday, September 24, 2012

33...34???

On Friday, I turned 33. That didn't stop my husband from inviting all of my closest friends out to celebrate my 34th birthday...One would think a musician would have a better grasp of counting, yes?
My best gifts :-)

He made up for it with my gift(s), though. He sort of copied my idea for his last birthday and gifted me a quiet hotel room to sleep in as late as I wanted. We had a three day celebration - we met friends for dinner on Friday evening, then checked into the hotel on Saturday afternoon (after a really fatty lunch at the Hofbrauhaus), took a nap, then had an amazing dinner with more friends on Saturday night. The best came on Sunday, though - I got to sleep in until 10 then have brunch with more friends at the Grand Concourse. I had never been there, and it was AMAZING! I think I ate my body weight that day. Um...bananas foster over ice cream and a freshly made donut? Yes. It was a great day (weekend), so thanks to all who made time to celebrate with us and the wonderful parents who manned our monsters so we could enjoy.
Random, but fun

Less than 24 hours after that glorious brunch, we were back at work for another full week. It is cold. And dark in the mornings. I do love fall, but it's getting tough to get out of bed at 5:45. Ethan always asks me why we are going to school at night. Very good question.

No comments: