Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year Blah...

Having the most hectic break ever caught up with us. I figured it would take us a day or two to get used to having a set schedule (that includes waking up at 5:45 a.m.), but I didn't bet on us both being dead tired all week long. I was in bed by 8:30 every night this week and asleep by 9, and it didn't matter. I was dragging throughout all of my school days. To add to the exhaustion, AJ's busy/insane season has begun - MUSICAL. I hate this time of year. I have to drive an extra hour round trip 3 times a week to get the boys so he can rehearse. They have, so far, been very easy to deal with. It just makes for chaotic days. AJ is doing great, though. He comes home around 5, plays with the boys, does Jack's tub, and even cleans up my dishes from dinner. What a guy, huh!

To add insult to our tired injury, we have had a week of crazy expenses. AJ's car needed new breaks and some other work, AND we had to pay close to $700 to fix our furnace, which was not working Saturday morning. Somebody doesn't want us to build up our savings. Or buy groceries. Sometimes it really stinks being a grown up.

Here's hoping this new year brings with it some better luck!

On to the positives:
Jackson is changing each day. I just want to freeze him. He gets WAY up on his hands and knees and rocks like crazy. I just know crawling is coming. Soon. I'm not ready - he is so much easier not mobile. Life for us all is going to change big time. He also has two white, swollen mounds in his mouth - teeth are on their way. My poor, drooly baby. He is still ridiculously mellow and pleasant, but we can't have anything around him that is not tied down. Otherwise, we can count on it getting shoved in his slobbery mouth. Nice.

Ethan, though not totally potty trained, has made great progress in terms of trying. He will sit on the potty each night before bed and 'try' to go #2. No tears involved. No poop involved yet, either, but we have taken baby steps. He is so fond of Jackson, so much so that it can border on irritating. He dotes on him nonstop and constantly acts silly (and LOUD) to make Jack smile. And he always smiles at Ethan, further encouraging the madness. And, Ethan is doing great at school and knows all kinds of stuff. Little sponge. He comes home each day with something new he has learned (or someone new to tattle on...)

No comments: