I am in hyperactive mode. I have been really productive this weekend. It's amazing how much I can do when I actually get sleep (thanks to a good nap on both days - I still can't sleep much at night). I made a final for one of my courses, finished reading two books, primed our kitchen (woo hoo!), and did stuff to prepare for baby.
I washed all of E's clothes from when he was a baby. This was my favorite task - I remember every single outfit! And, they are so cute and TINY! Ethan helped me fold. He didn't believe that those were his clothes, but he did want to try them on...
I also finished the cross stitch! I made one for Ethan and felt I had to make one for this baby, too. This one was much more complex than the one I did for E, and I'm very glad to have it done. In fact, right after starting it and realizing how much more work it would be, I almost gave up. It just needs framed now.

I bought letters for the nursery (again, E had his initials, so this baby will, too). They no longer have the pre-decorated letters, so I had to get creative. I stenciled them in coordinating colors. They aren't perfect, but they turned out pretty well. You only get to see the K. Other letters are top secret (they aren't even on the walls yet)!
And, here is the sweet phrase I had Larry Orlando, calligrapher-extraordinaire, make for baby's room. Ethan has "First we had each other, then we had you, and we had everything." I love that saying SO much and was determined to find something equally sweet and meaningful for baby #2. Can you sense that both AJ and I are second children? We grew up seeing albums and albums of our older siblings and like, 10 pictures of us. Slight exaggeration, but we are still mindful of that and want to be sure this baby has just as much attention and sense of his own stuff as baby #1. We'll see how that goes. Anyway, this is the phrase we decided on. I LOVE IT!
So, progress was made. Next up - packing my hospital bag. I have this baby one month from tomorrow - it's getting close and exciting. In fact, if this child continues to follow in Ethan's wild footsteps, I only have 2.5 weeks left of being pregnant. We will see. I'm ready. Only 14 days of school left, and one of those is a field trip. I can deal with that.

1 comment:
Tricia- the cross stitch is beautiful, the K is beautiful- too bad I can't see the other letters and of course we love the saying.
Yes, A.J. will also be our baby!!!!
love Phyllis
Post a Comment