Today is my last Mother's Day as a mother of one. I read last year's post, which was a disaster. Today, thankfully, has gone much smoother. It was a busy, but good day. I got my Mother's Day gift a week ago - a Kindle. As a book lover, I didn't know if I would like not holding/reading an actual book, but I have to say, it's pretty much the best gift ever. Very convenient.
Soon-to-be 3-year-old


We got up early and headed to Cranberry for Ethan's 3rd birthday pictures. I can't believe it's that time already! I feel like we just did his 2 year pictures. He's such a little man! The two girls who took his pics were great with him. We got a ton of great, cheesy pictures, so it was hard to choose what to order.
This year was extra special, though. Since it's also E's last Mother's Day/birthday as an only child, we commemorated the day with special mother/son pictures. I am pretty happy with the results - you never know how long Ethan will cooperate, but he was a champ the whole time. Well, we did bribe him with a new balloon if he cooperated...
One of my favorites

We spent the afternoon with my mom celebrating her birthday, too. It was a beautiful day (finally!), so we got in some outdoor fun time. Ethan was in heaven. Then, I put her to work. Some Mother's Day, right? She completed my awesome day by finishing painting the nursery. I have so wanted to get it done, but this whole being pregnant thing has not made it easy. I had my 32 week appointment last week, and everything looks great. I only gained 1/2 a pound at this appointment, and the baby is measuring right as he should be. He appears to be head down, so that's good. But, that's where the positives end. I have been having excruciating pain. I guess where the baby is positioned is making the round ligament pain get so extreme that I am literally immobile at times. I have to be very careful in how I move or take steps. If I take too big of a step or try to do too much, shooting pain comes and then I'm out of commission for a bit. It really stinks. Even if I sit or lay in one position for too long, it happens. It will be a long 39 days (that's it!) until June 16. AJ has had to really step it up around here, and I'm really appreciative. He can come across as pretty odd and crass, but he truly is a good man :-)

So, thank you, Mom, for finishing the room because I can't! And, to all the moms out there, I hope you had a wonderful, restful day. It's a tough job, but it's the best.

In other news, E has some sort of virus that has made him break out in hive-like rashes off and on for about a week. We took him to the doctor, and he did great. He hasn't been there in a year - yes! But, every time he would go in the past, he would get shots. Not a great memory for a little man. He was pretty excited about getting a pretzel at the end this time. He is 34 lbs (which I weighed in kindergarten) and 38 inches - such a little man!
Aren't we cute in our outfits?

He's doing really well all-around. We are still working on going #2 on the potty, though. AJ is getting pretty creative - making up poopie cheers and saying "team poopie," trying to get E to poop on Cheerios in the potty, etc. Nothing is working, but it's pretty amusing nonetheless.

We are currently in party planning mode for the big birthday celebration later this month. Ethan is REALLY excited about this - he asks all the time about when his birthday is and got to pick out his own theme - Curious George. As long as he has balloons (which he will), he will be fine. Invites will be going out next week so watch your mail!



No comments:
Post a Comment