Monday, March 21, 2011

Nesting

Nesting has overtaken me. I spent the majority of my evening (after another trip to the playground and Target) in the kitchen. The newly de-wallpapered kitchen. The room whose walls have been totally destroyed by removing said wallpaper. I got to work puttying and puttying and puttying. It's in the best shape it will probably be in, short of knocking down walls and starting from scratch (which, believe me, if we had a different income, that would have been THE option). All we have to do is sand one more time, prime, and paint! It's going to look so different in there.

That fact is posing a different problem. Now I feel like we need to somehow update our 1980's cream laminate cabinets (and matching countertops). We are going to opt for a cheaper fix (painting the cabinets and updating hardware) in case we decide to remodel in a few years. No need to do that twice! We will be replacing our extra loud dishwasher and adding a microwave hood. That should satisfy me for a bit.

The nesting keeps me up at night. I ponder where I will find big boy furniture for Ethan as I've been unsuccessful so far. I ponder redoing our half bath that's attached to our bedroom. I debate which plants I'm going to pull out and what will go in their place. I get excited thinking about using the leaf blower on this massive yard. I plot my spring cleaning schedule.

Don't even get me started about my thoughts on decorating Baby #2's room...

Is any of this necessary right now? Nope. I'm out of control. I'm just trying to reign in the crazy around AJ so I still have a husband when Baby #2 arrives.

No comments: