Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, AJ!

On Monday, AJ turns....29. We started our celebration by doing our taxes on Friday night. Exciting, right? It will get better - we are going to have a nice, adult dinner tomorrow at The Cheesecake Factory, AND I got him a really great gift this year. In June, we are going to see Anthony Bourdain speak - AJ loves his show, No Reservations, and all of his books.

Kicking around the globe in Gigi's attic
Today, we headed to GiGi's to celebrate. She prepared a really nice dinner, which was followed by dessert, of course. AJ got some gifts and Ethan got to help with the candles.

While we were there, we also got more of our stuff from the old house out of storage! Their poor basement has been covered in our clothes, pictures, and furniture since August. We are very lucky to have free storage. It's kind of like Christmas morning - all these 'new' goodies we forgot we had.

Pap shows Ethan the light fixture...
Tomorrow, my mom will have her weekly visit. We are hoping to take Ethan to meet the Easter Bunny. Last year, he LOVED him. We'll see what this year holds.

Yesterday, our sweet boy was pitching a not-so-sweet fit after school. Little one wants to be outside, despite the 40 degree temps. So, being the idiot I am (or, the exhausted mommy with a bad head cold), I distracted Ethan with a very messy, though amusing, package.



It seemed like such a good idea and he was busy and quiet for an hour. Cleaning it up was not so fun. Luckily, I sound so stuffy that I can play the sick card. AJ got it cleaned up in a snap :-)

2 comments:

PletcherFamily said...

I am so proud of you. I love that you gave him packing peanuts to play with - totally awesome!!! That picture is so great.

Happy early birthday to AJ! Wow - 29 again. He doesn't look a day over, uh, 33. :)

Anonymous said...

I love every one of these pictures of Ethan- especially the one with Pap-Pap and what is that outstanding sweatshirt that Grammy(me) has on it the background of the first picture!!!!!!