Saturday, January 19, 2008

It's a....

BOY!

We are so excited! We truly did not care what we were having, as long as it was healthy. But, all along I have had the feeling that it was a boy. See, I already have motherly instincts :-) Although, yesterday, I had a brief feeling I was wrong - AJ and I actually agreed on a boy name (which I thought to be a sure sign that we'd have a girl, for whom we have NO name!) and I found out the bedding I had picked for a girl had been discontinued. I just thought it would be our luck that we are more set for a boy so we'd have a girl, but no need to worry!

We went for a routine ultrasound today at 9 am. We went for a quick breakfast beforehand so I could get lots of fluids in. They took us right away, and we were so excited to see an actual baby in there, and not just a little pinto bean! The baby looks wonderful - perfect! We could see his little feet, his heart, his face, the cord, EVERYTHING! It took the tech a little while to determine the sex, and I was so panicked! I had nightmares all night that they wouldn't be able to tell me!

AJ was so into this appointment - he was completely amazed to see how much the baby was moving around. It was so cool to see the little legs kicking around! And, we got to see the baby sucking his thumb - so cute! The tech was very nice and took some really cool pictures. She didn't know how to burn a cd of pictures for us, and the girl who did was in with another patient. So, we are going to go after school on Monday and pick up the disk - it's only 5 minutes away so no big deal. We will post Monday night!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Congratulations!! How exciting to finally know!! :) Have fun picking out boy stuff now!!

Anonymous said...

Great news, although now A J may have "payback" time. Nanny

PletcherFamily said...

Congratulations again! Another nephew. Now the Kovall side is tied - two and two! Glad to have another boy in the family! Can't wait to spoil him rotten like you have spoiled our kids! Love and kisses to our new nephew!