Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Next Big Race!

AJ and I are running the Pittsburgh Marathon relay this year, and we couldn't be more excited. This will be AJ's first experience at the event, and I will get the awesome medal WITHOUT running up hills for 13.1 miles - it's a win/win! We've decided to run for a charity, the Lemieux Foundation. This foundation supports cancer research, which is particularly close to our heart with Grammy's recent diagnosis. Our team (which consists of AJ and I, plus three teachers from his school) needs to raise $750 for our fundraising goal. We've all been fundraising like mad at school (the kids - and teachers - love candy bars!), so we are relatively close to meeting that goal.


BUT - once we meet that goal, all other proceeds will go to FINLEY's FIGHTERS! AJ's school will donate dress down day money towards it, and all other candy sales will go to our girl. So, if you have some spare change, donate to our race site. The quicker we get to $750, the quicker we can get to Finley's Fighters!

Thank you, thank you!

http://www.crowdrise.com/teammariolemieuxfoundatigh2014/fundraiser/triciakovall

No comments: