Saturday, November 23, 2013

Holiday Photo Shoot 2013

We had scheduled pictures with an old student who is super talented. She took our last 'official' family photo when Jack was one, and that session produced - hands down - my favorite pictures of the boys and us EVER. Unfortunately for us this time around, Mother Nature didn't get the memo and provided us with a rained out and gloomy day. I was bummed, but determined to get half-decent pics of us for Christmas cards, etc. AJ is now 50 pounds lighter. Jackson is a full-fledged toddler and Ethan is a full-fledged kindergartener. We needed to be able to show everyone our progress! So, I borrowed a great camera from one of my great friends, and off we went to Beaver. There is an old train station that has an old barn/school house that I knew would be the PERFECT backdrop.

I was right! This wasn't the easiest photo shoot; Jack was a grump and just wanted to play in the dirt. Ethan gave us a fake "CHEEEEEESE" smile in every single picture. But, we came away with a few winners.






We even used a tripod to get an updated photo of all of us. The color isn't great, and Ethan looks like a ghost, but we are all looking and smiling in the same place. I'd call that a success!
And, of course, I have to include one from the blooper reel. I caught Jack mid-yell. He literally was screaming "STOP!" at AJ for trying to get him to smile. I am pretty tempted to use this as our official Christmas card picture because it's real life in the Kovall house. Ethan is an annoyed older brother, and Jack is a terrible-two prince. That about sums it up. 

No comments: