Friday, February 15, 2013

Balentime's Day 2013

AJ and I are not big fans of Valentine's Day, though we try to do it up a bit for the boys. Ethan declared this "Balentime's Day" the best one ever, so I guess we did ok. They got to have Happy Meals for dinner, courtesy of gift cards from their grandparents. My mom came over to visit, so all in all, the day was awesome.
My Valentines!
Ethan had a little party at school and came home with a serious TON of candy and goodies. The kids decorated their own bags this year, and Ethan was particularly delighted because they used doggie decorations. Right up his alley. He chose Scooby Doo valentines this year, and I got my last taste of putting together 60 treat bags. Thankfully, once he goes to kindergarten, we'll only have to hook up his actual class, not the entire building...
Ladies Man
Both boys had special shirts to wear (well, Ethan is wearing the shirt I bought him a size too large last year...) and got one little treat (non-food!) from us. Jackson got his first coloring set, and Ethan got a Batman Lego set. I hit home runs with both - they were both so excited!
Trying out his new crayons
Today was even better. Ethan was supposed to go to school for a half day, but decided last night that Teen Teen HAD to see his new Batman, so off he went with Jack. I had the day off - we had a snow day built in that we didn't use, so it was awesome. (AJ had in-service.) I got to run (4 miles), mop our floors, clean our kitchen, and paint the trim and doors in our hallway. Day off? What's that?
Lego Batman!
Sunday (if I can make it a whole 8 hours as a single parent tomorrow while AJ has musical...), we head to Mon City to celebrate Arlington's 10th birthday. I can't believe she is already 10! The first grandchild, our first niece. She is such a neat kid - wicked smart, and even kinder. She's always so patient and understanding when it comes to herding all of the little kids. And, she got her ears pierced today! So excited to be able to buy her some accessories :-)
Making Thank You notes
Monday, I have in-service, and AJ has musical all day (instead of using his snow day). Tuesday, I have a conference. Next week is shaping up to be pretty rad! Well, aside from Tuesday evening when Jennifer and I have the unenviable task of trying to take all 5 kids to get their picture taken and look normal in one photo. Wish us luck!

No comments: