1) We only had two days of school last week - it was a gentle ease back into the school year and made the weekend so sweet.
2) My Christmas gift to myself came in the mail!!! I used gift cards and bought a GPS running watch, and I got to use it. Twice! It is amazing! I tell it what pace I want to hit, and it lets me know if I'm on/ahead of/behind it. It tells me how far I've gone, how many calories I've burned, etc. And I can plug it into the computer and get details of each run - it is, legitimately, my new best friend, especially since Day 1 of Official Marathon Training started today. I'm loving running outside these days, though I think the upcoming musical schedule is going to limit that. I made the most of this weekend, though.
3) We went to the Science Center with AJ's parents. The boys had a BLAST! Trains, water tables, ball pits - what could be better? And, best of all? AJ and I got in for free! Gotta love the occasional teacher discount.
The water room is a big hit!
Pressing his face on the glass...
5) My Saturday was pretty rad, too. After Science Center fun, I headed to our dear friend's house. Nate lived with AJ and I during college, was in our wedding, and has recently become ENGAGED to an amazing guy. We couldn't be happier for the two of them, and I was THRILLED to spend some quality wedding planning time with them. And they took me to dinner. It couldn't have been a better day for me.
Jack loved looking at the fishies.
He even used a magnifying glass!
6) I had NO school work to grade (I smartly left a few papers at school...) and nothing to plan, so I got to read. I'm reading a great book - Wild - and have loved curling up in a cozy chair and reading. Usually while Jack flops all over me, but still. The book IS called Wild, after all.
Spinning pool balls on a record player
7) Ethan and I have been reading The Wizard of Oz - just a few pages before bed and nap - for a few weeks. This is the first time we've ever done a long book that took more than one sitting, and he did great. I am calling it research for his upcoming role of 'Cutest Munchkin on Stage' for AJ's production. We have started to watch the movie as a treat.8) Speaking of treats, I've decided one of my goals/resolutions this year is to focus more on the positives with our boys. I've stolen an idea from Pinterest and created a "Caught You Being Good" jar for the boys that's filled with little slips of paper detailing a 'treat' for good behavior. Things like playing Wii, getting a cake pop or a trip to Target's dollar bin, reading an extra book at bed time, etc. I'm excited to start using it!
9) We also stole a




No comments:
Post a Comment