Sunday, November 22, 2009

So long, Cranberry!

Our days in Cranberry are numbered. Wednesday is move out day. Our house is spilling over with boxes right now. There are no pictures on the walls, there is nothing in our drawers, and our bed has been disassembled so we will be sleeping on just a mattress for the next three nights. We are so excited, but it's an odd feeling knowing that in three days, we will be living in a new home and someone else will be here. This is a house we slaved over and made it into an amazing place to live. This is the only home Ethan has ever known. We have fabulous neighbors. We literally could never leave a five mile radius of our house and still have everything we need at our disposal. While we are completely ready and excited to move, 317 LaPorte will always hold some of our dearest memories. AJ and his dad laying our living room floor while Pap Pap 'helped' (more like, barked orders and followed behind them with a broom). AJ's mom helping Bailey learn how to walk up steps because our previous apartment was one story (dumb, dumb dog needed a treat on every other step to figure it out). My mom painting Ethan's nursery while I supervised, a ready-to-pop Buddha in the middle of the floor. Having a house full of family in our tiny living room to celebrate Ethan's first Christmas morning. Ethan taking his first steps across our lawn and getting so excited and proud of himself.

This was a good place for us.

As we get ready to move to Clover Dr, we are so happy thinking of all the new memories we will make there. It is a house we can grow into. Lord knows we are so ready to have some space and quiet! This will be the first time we have ever not shared walls with anyone - can I get an amen?!?!

Things are moving along really well. We are 90% packed and ready to go. We mainly just have our dishes to go, which I will tackle tomorrow night. Ethan has been really great throughout the packing. Of course, he doesn't make it easy on us - he just HAS to be right where we are. He also likes pulling things out of boxes that we've just packed, so we have to be fast! And, sure enough, the stinker got a cold this weekend. It's a doozy. Perfect timing, as usual. He has a terribly runny nose and a steady fever. It kept rising all night, so I am staying home tomorrow to keep tabs on him. Poor guy is miserable. I am hoping he has a better day! If not, we will be going to the doctor's office tomorrow.

Since the next few days will undoubtedly be insane, I will wish you all an early Happy Thanksgiving! We certainly have much to be thankful for this year. We are looking forward to spending break in our new home, as well as getting to visit with our wonderful family that we don't get to see nearly often enough.

I will blog again once the dust has settled in our new place :-)

2 comments:

PletcherFamily said...

We are so happy for you guys! I know it is hard to leave behind a house where your baby came home to the first time. But the memories will follow you where ever you go.

We can't wait to see you guys and the new digs in a few days!!

Jankowski Family Fun said...

Here's your requested AMEN!, and I love the pics of E in a box! That's proof that I need not spend money on toys for Brady; whatever I have lying around the house will suffice!

Hope your move is fabulous! Can't wait to see the new place!!