Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mad Packing & Playing

We are still in packing/cleaning/fixing mode around here. Ethan spent the last two days in daycare while AJ and I kept very busy. It's much easier to do things around the house when the weather is so crappy that we can't enjoy the pool. Seriously, will we ever have a sunny, rain-free day again?? Anyway, I stained our new railing and painted our front door, as well as packed a bunch of things. AJ installed smoke detectors (ours were ancient) and did a TON of packing. Things are shaping up around here and my To Do list is getting smaller each day! As a result, I've been going to bed each night by 9:30 and falling asleep quickly :-)

Tomorrow we go to Ethan's music class. We missed last week because I have been so preoccupied and just forgot. I can't wait to see what they do with the little ones! I know Ethan will love being around the other kids, as well as making as much noise as possible. It should be a good time.

He has been much more pleasant lately. We have no new teeth and are still very drooly, but at least we are getting through the day without any major meltdowns. He is doing very well weaning from the bottle, too. Our doctor did not rush us like a lot of doctors do. We like that he wanted us to get him used to whole milk first, then wean slowly. Change is tough, so this method has been much smoother on Ethan. We've just slowly been eliminating the bottles and seeing what he needs each day. He occasionally takes one in the morning if he gets up super early and we're not ready to get up and occasionally has one at night if he's struggling or didn't eat a lot. Other than that, we are bottle free! Some days he totally goes without, so we are pleased with his progress. Now, if we could just get him to sleep without being wrapped up like a burrito, we'd be golden. The boy is just too hyper to calm down without it, though. Maybe when he starts Kindergarten...

We had a good time tonight playing with Ethan. He loves playing Peek-a-Boo using our doors.

We've gotten him in the habit of picking a book off of the shelf each night to read. His current favorite is a counting and colors book from Gigi, I think.


Check back later - I'm trying to upload a video that's taking forever...

2 comments:

Jankowski Family Fun said...

i love the nudie reading shot--very nice hair cut, too!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little guy, I love the haircut. Can't wait to spend time with him over the weekend :)
Grandma