Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Happy Easter, everyone! We are having a low-key day. And, since it's Sunday, that means our Spring Break is nearing its end. Boo. But, we still have Monday off to get ready. I think we only have 36 days of school left - I can't believe it! 


It has been a wonderful week since I last wrote! AJ's show was WONDERFUL! There were a few lighting issues the first night, but after that, it was great. The kids sounded great, the costumes looked great & the dancing and sets were top notch. But, we are SO glad it's over!


We had a fast week of school - only through Wednesday. Papa picked up Ethan on Wednesday for a sleepover - he even got to see Nanny, Aunt Sally, and Cathy. AJ and I enjoyed a nice dinner with our friend Aaron and slept in. Both Ethan and I have colds - runny noses and coughs - so I enjoyed the relaxing time. Ethan has been in really good spirits (except for today...today has been a bummer with him), though. He is a very giggly baby :-) On Saturday, we took E to Grandma's house for another sleepover. This was his first one at her house, so they were both excited! Aunt Carol spent the night, too. We went to PF Chang for dinner and over to a friend's house to watch Lost - it was a nice, grown-up night! Ethan stayed up playing until 8:30, so he has been a bit off today. But, AJ and I got our entire house cleaned while he was away! We had lots of projects we wanted to get to, but not enough time, especially since I haven't felt well. At least we cleaned!


E came home this morning, all dressed up in his Easter outfit from GiGi. It's adorable! He opened his basket, but quickly moved on to his other toys. I'm glad I didn't go crazy with it! He is using AJ's basket from his childhood, but I jazzed it up with some ribbon - it looks really cute! He just got some wind-up toys, a bunny, a book, and his swim gear for lessons that start next week. His Elmo Live was his big gift, but he's been enjoying that for a few weeks now. We wanted to go to church, but he is just too miserable and unpredictable. I don't want it to turn into 'how to entertain and quiet E' hour so we'll just have to wait until he's feeling better. 


Nothing else to report, really. Ethan is doing well, minus the snotty nose. He's standing better and trying to walk on his own, unsuccessfully at press time. He's really trying to say new words alot - birdie, bunny, ducky, etc. They all sort of sound the same, but he's working on it. 


Enjoy the pics!




1 comment:

PletcherFamily said...

Great pictures! I love what you did with the basket. It looks great!

Cainan has the same button down shirt and socks! They match! We got a different vest - we will have to take their picture together. :) I can't believe we picked the same. So freaky. :)

I am glad he had a great first Easter! We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!