Thursday, August 7, 2008

A week of field trips...

E and I are finally home after a very busy week! 

On Monday, we went to the pool for the first time. Cranberry has an awesome water park, so AJ's parents brought our niece (a true water bug) and my mom and I took Ethan. He was all decked out in his new trunks and matching hat! He loves the bath, so I thought he might like the pool. He didn't cry, but wasn't too into it. It was a little chilly, so we just went for a quick dip and took him out. I have high hopes that he'll love it next summer!

Ethan and I spent the night in Connellsville on Monday and Tuesday. Our niece was staying there for the week so we had a slumber party (we even did each others' hair - I ended up with 13 'ponies' in my hair - lovely). Ethan did very well, and our niece (quite the little chatter box) was very helpful - she was very into entertaining Ethan and sang him little lullabies when it was bed time (after waiting for a stinking hour for the ice cream man. Seriously, I have never seen a kid so anxious! It was hilarious!). Tuesday, we got up and went to The Science Center. I really have never gone all the way through, and am truly not into science-related things, but it is great for kids. Our niece had a blast! Ethan didn't notice where he was, but Papa walked him all around and kept him away from the crazy noise of the kid zone on Floor 4 (note - do not go up there unless you have to, or unless you are 5. there's no reason to be up there otherwise!).

Wednesday, we made the journey back to the city to go to the zoo. I love the zoo at any time, but this time was especially cool - the two new baby elephants were so cute! We got to see a baby tiger and feeding time for the gorillas. Very fun! AJ met us there (skipped band camp) and took E and I home. 

Here are a few pics from the week. Enjoy!


No comments: