Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fat baby...

Those of you who have been following the blog have probably seen how our little man has grown. Recently, I put all of his newborn clothes into storage and couldn't believe he was ever that tiny. Lately, I have noticed that when I feed him or hold him for more than 5 minutes, my back gets sore. I couldn't wait to get him weighed at the doctor's today. At his last appointment, exactly one month ago, he weighed 8.7 lbs (2 lbs more than his birth weight). My guess was that this time, at 2 months, he would weigh 10.5 lbs. I was wrong....

Our little buddha weighs a whopping 12 lbs! Our jaws hit the floor! He only grew 1/2 inch length-wise, so he is still in the 25% there, but jumped to the 50% for weight. The doctor was pleased, though. He is a strong and sturdy little guy! He is doing really well and had to get 3 shots today. He did a little bit of crying (as did I), but got over it quickly. The nurse was great - she did them so fast and had AJ pick him up immediately afterwards. 

We also upped his reflux medicine to accommodate his size and more pounds he'll be gaining. I'm hoping it helps relieve him! He is generally super pleasant, but when he gets heartburn, he is so unhappy. It just stinks that he has to deal with that! But we are staying positive that the medicine will make him feel better. We just love to see his fat cheeks smile, and that doesn't happen when he is hurting :-(

I'll post new pictures this weekend. I am lazy! 

No comments: